Summer entertaining time is here, and so are the sales on china and dinnerware. You’re thinking about serving corn on the cob, watermelon slices, iced tea and ice cream. Do you have the right pieces?
Here are some items to look for, to add to your tableware set in time for summer parties.
- Corn holders. Shaped dishes made to hold corn on the cob. We like these because they keep the butter and salt right where you want them, on the corn.
- Ice cream dishes. Small glass sundae dishes. Wide, deep bowls for bigger ice cream treats. Or china cups for ice cream floats.
- Corelle. Many Corelle patterns seem to be made for summer gatherings, especially those on clean white backgrounds. The all-white versions are great in summer and all year round.
- Vintage cooler glasses. These are tall and narrow, and we have lots of fun with them, to serve lemonade, iced tea and other cool drinks. Fun to use with bendable straws, too.
- Glass pitchers. Great for mixing and serving big quantities of iced tea, lemonade, fruit punch and ice water. There are new ones on the market, and we especially like the vintage ones like the Soreno pattern by Anchor Hocking.
Adding these items to your tableware collection will make summer parties a snap!by