Cinco de Mayo, May 5, is a holiday to celebrate the history and culture of Mexico. It’s a great time to have a lively party. How can you use your vintage dishes for this celebration?
- Fiesta! This colorful Homer Laughlin china is tailor-made for Cinco de Mayo with its bold colors and heavier weight.
- Play up the history. Use vintage dinnerware with elements that echo the heritage of Mexico. For example, Mayan is one vintage ironstone pattern that will coordinate well other wares.
- Go rustic. Pottery made in Mexico is available, and rustic pottery from other sources can mix with it, to give your table setting even more color and texture.
- Wave the flag. Green, white and red, the colors of the Mexican flag, will complement the decorations for your Cinco de Mayo party.
- Showcase natural themes from south of the border. For example, Desert Rose, a popular Franciscan pattern, has large bold flowers which can coordinate with your bright china.
When you unleash your creativity, it shows that there is no holiday or event that cannot become even more fun by bringing your vintage china to the party.by